Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 1 EOC: My Voice


I am an Audio Professional. Music is more than music to me; it’s a way to express myself. To express myself throughout each emotion I possess. When I’m happy I will play an upbeat song vs. when I’m sad I’ll play a very slow song that I can belt to. Within each of us there is a certain type of music we gravitate towards and see I am one of the lucky ones for I have a love for not just one type of genre but for many different types of genres. Music is meant to warm the soul. Music warms my soul. So to be able to create and share how music makes me feel onto the world is an experience that has forever changed me. And that scares me to my core. To have to one day be different from all of those who have come before you is scary. Who is to say that my work isn’t good enough? Who’s to say that if thousands of people don’t listen to what I listen to makes me an outcast? Music is meant to express oneself and now music just lets everyone get in there own little bubble. Understanding the way music works and flows is honestly amazing. There is so much detail, so much time, so much effort and patience. And people just don’t appreciate the little things anymore. So when these new artists come out and they strive to be something different to me its bravery, to have your music called weird or not music at all must hurt. People live in this bubble and what has been around for decades is what is normal or the proper way to make music. Music is forever evolving and I can’t wait to one day get into an industry that accepts different and weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment